Arranging the installation date
When you place an order with us, we will ring you within a few working hours to arrange installation. We aim to give you a choice of at least two times within the next 10 working days. Our normal working hours are 9 to 5, Monday to Friday.
Let us know if you want a particular time of day or day of the week. We will do our best to accommodate you.
Requirements for installation
Please note that in order for us to be able to install at the agreed time and place, we require you to:
- Identify available parking nearby. If parking is under householder control (e.g. by voucher) then a space should be made available
- Make sure there is a responsible adult on the premises at all times during the installation. This person needs to have authority to allow entry, verify positioning of elements, be briefed on system operation & administration and to sign the customer acceptance
- Provide access to the boiler, the hot water tank (if applicable), the thermostat and the radiators
- Give access to working Wi-Fi
For full details, please read our terms and conditions.
If we cannot install because you do not meet these obligations, we will charge a call out fee of £70 and you will need to re-arrange the installation.
What does installation involve?
How long an installation of smart heating takes depends on exactly what system and configuration you have chosen. While we aim to install as quickly as possible to minimise any disruption to you, we are also careful to make sure that the installation is done properly and that you are able to make of use the system well afterwards.
- Verification of positioning of controls
- Boiler check or service
- Installation of smart heating elements
- Set up of wireless connections between devices
- Check of proper working
- Overview of how to use the system with the customer
- Tidy up and customer acceptance
Single zone (smart thermostat)
If you select a single zone solution – one with one or more Nest Learning Thermostats – then the basic installation will take about one hour for each thermostat to be installed.
It normally takes up to 2½ hrs to install multi-zone heating. This is for a standard installation such as a Honeywell evohome system, including controls for a boiler and hot water cylinder with up to 8 smart TRVs (thermostatic radiator valves).
Additional time will be required to
- change over manual / lockshield valves. This requires at least a partial drain of the system so will take a minimum of 0.5 hrs plus time for each valve
- install additional smart TRVs
- install further TRVs after the first 8
- install controllers for underfloor heating
If you have a complex installation we will be happy to talk to you to provide a more precise estimate.