Homesmart Solutions Limited has a vision for technology in the home that makes life easier, smarter and more comfortable - and that is backed up by reliable service.
Whilst many things have been revolutionised by technology over the last 50 years our homes have remained much the same. Certainly there are a lot more devices, gadgets, internet and entertainment. But most of these things are working individually and relying on you to trigger them. Over the next decade, technology will transform our homes and our lives as these devices start working together and independently.
These smart homes will not only offer us improved comfort and enhanced security but energy savings and environmental friendliness.
Prices are dropping to within the budget of the average household; connectivity is increasing with manufacturers working together on eco-systems in which devices can work with each other, and all-pervasive apps are providing control at our fingertips as well as increasing AI and voice control applications. It's all very exciting.
This all comes with a BUT.... naturally!
Understanding this technology is becoming beyond most us, no matter how "simple" manufacturers try to make it. Why continue to struggle with installing all these things yourself? Choosing the right product, scouring the internet to save a few quid, plugging it in and then using it for a few months before discarding it and never quite understanding what it was for in the first place or why it didn't quite work in the way you expected? Your father may have serviced his own car - but when was the last time you did?
What will also change is our approach from trying to do DIY technology to getting someone to do it all for us.
We think people need someone they can rely on to do this all for them. Someone you can rely on to pick the best products, install and set-up them properly and to be on call when you need help or even before you do. We call it technology with service.
Homesmart Solutions Limited (homesm.art) is dedicated to offering smart home technology together with the one element currently missing in making it accessible – service. Installation, setup, maintenance and support are vital for the many people who do not want to spend their spare time with a screwdriver or watching YouTube “How to” videos
We enable people to get the most of their home technology by taking away the hassle
- doing the research - making it easy for you to choose best in breed products
- install and set up - letting you personalise for your family and your home
- maintain and service - providing you with peace of mind
- guide and support - so you can get the most out of your investment
- work to give you attractive pricing - so you get value for money
homesm.art believes that putting you in control of your home and your technology means more than just providing you with gadgets. Systems should be set up for your particular household needs, should integrate devices seamlessly, should guard your security and your online privacy, and should guarantee reliable connectivity.
We are striving every day to give you service that lives up to these principles and exceeds your expectations, providing
- smart heating under your control for warmth when and where you need it (Now)
- reducing your energy use; cutting your energy tariff; and offering competitive heating cover (Now)
- personal and third-party monitoring of your home so you can see what is going on and respond to incidents (Spring 2021)
- continuous Wi-Fi support - making sure you have your home covered and keeping it that way - no more wasted calls to BT, Virgin or Sky. (Autumn 2021)
- control over more and more connected devices such as sound, lights, appliances, information and entertainment (future!)
homesm.art solutions will make your life easier, more comfortable and even save you money on heating bills. We have researched the things you need and want; and we will also be there for when you need help and advice.
James McConnell has spent his career working in consumer technology; launching new disruptive technology, and leading sales & marketing operations in Asia and Europe. Learning the lessons of what makes good and bad technology but always believing in its power to improve our lives. At home he knows he is not alone in wasting many a precious hour trying to fix technology issues from the printer not working to the internet going down and has often wished that there was someone to just do it all for him.
His vision is to create a customer service that finds the best and latest technology products, combines them with expert installation and great service to do it all for you. No more hassle or wasted weekends, no more trying to be a technical wizard - just let an expert do all the work while you do better things.
When he's not fixing the printer James enjoys life in Chiswick with his wife and daughter, walking the dog or cycling in Richmond Park.
He believes in the need to make home automation accessible for everyone. Home owners and their families should find that it simplifies their life while providing comfort and security, as well as being environmentally friendly. He co-founded Homesmart Solutions Limited to bring that vision to life.
Outside of work and family life, Roger is a keen cross-country runner. While enjoying the hilltops, woods and fields, he appreciates a warm house to return to.
- We will only share your data with partners as is necessary to provide you with the products and services you have purchased (e.g. we send your name, email and postcode to Flipper, our energy supplier auto-switching partner, to speed up the process of providing you with the cheapest energy deal that meets your requirements)
- We only ask for and store the data necessary to provide you with a great service
Openness and transparency
Throughout our company, in our dealings with customers, suppliers and staff we strive to be open and transparent. Examples are
- Transparent pricing: you can use our website to build the heating system that exactly fits your needs and see how much it would cost - without any commitment. There are no hidden extras and also we don't discount; so what you see is what you pay. If we have a special offer for a certain time, it is available to everyone.
- Data use: we won't use the data you input when creating as system for anything other than providing you with a quote, unless you choose to buy. We won't even retain the data unless you chose to save it (which means you can access it again later).
- Clarity on our membership plan: homesm.art products are only sold with a one year membership plan. So by buying with us you are committing to 12 monthly payments. After that you are free to continue or cancel. If you cancel, we will confirm in writing (mail, email or social media) so you have a written record
- We'll be honest about the state of your boiler. In the unlikely event that we can't cover it, we'll tell you and you can cancel before installation with an immediate refund
We believe in keeping customers for the long term - and our business model is based on this. So not only do we believe in continual great service, treating new and loyal customers alike, but our success depends on it.
Support for sustainability
We look for solutions and work with providers whose solutions are environmentally friendly. For example, our smart heating solutions will save between 5% and 40% of your energy consumption each year.
- Not tied to any hardware manufacturer so we can freely choose the best products
- Not part of any energy supplier so we can guarantee to switch you to the best energy deal
- Committed to supporting and maintaining the solutions we provide rather than just installing and leaving you to get on with it.
We have created an easy to use tool to help you design what is right for you. There's no hidden catch, we will give you a quote on-line without any high pressure calls. The price is what you will pay for an installed and support solution - try it..
We install everything we sell but we go beyond this.
Our unique membership package means we give your boiler a health check to make sure it is working efficiently and we also test your Wi-Fi to make sure it's working. Before we leave we will teach you how to use your system and are on hand if you need us afterwards.
We only sell our systems with our membership plan and vice versa.
Why do we do this?
We want to give you outstanding value for money service and peace of mind. We think our membership plan offers that and is fundamentally what we're about - taking the hassle out of technology for you and having someone you can rely on.
(We use homesm.art as a trading name of Homesmart Solutions Limited)